Event organised, on October 24th, by Emilie Gaillard, General Coordinator of the Normandy Chair for Peace (Normandy Region, CNRS, University of Caen in Normandy), in collaboration with Nadia Tahir (ERLIS, University of Caen in Normandy) and Vassili Rivron (CERREV, University of Caen in Normandy).
• 16h30 – 18h30
Workshop with indigenous leaders from the Alliance of Guardians of Mother Nature
- Magdalene Setia Kaitei, from the Maasaï people (Kenya), Executive Director of Emayian Integrated Development Organization.
- Mindahi Crescencio Bastida Muñoz, Director of the Original Caretakers Program held by the Center for Earth Ethics, General Coordinator of Otomi-Hñahñu Regional Council (Mexico), guardian of the philosophy and traditions of the Otomi people.
- Ivanice Pires Tanone, cacique of the indigenous Kariri-Xocó people, one of the rare indigenous women leaders in Brazil.
The objective was be to address the following points:
- the Amazon rainforest as subject of deforestation
- the world view of indigenous peoples: what link with the forest?
- what impact on the anthropological approach to the relationship with nature?
- which legal perspectives are open?
In the presence of Gert-Peter Bruch, founder of Planet Amazon. Workshop presented by Vassili Rivron ((anthropologist, specialist from Brazil, CERREV, University of Caen in Normandy) and Nadia Tahir (Lecturer in Hispanic-American Studies, ERLIS, University of Caen in Normandy).